Monday, February 1, 2010

My Back Hurts . . . . . .This is why!

This is no longer useable, and hasn't been since last Tuesday. I get in this baby EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. When I tried slinking into it last Wednesday, I said to myself "self, this bad-boy isn't up to temperature" So I checked the readout and sure enough, there was no readout. So un-slunk by wet self out and trudged downstairs to trip the breaker.
Well, it kept turning off. So sad.


This is the culprit. I need a new breaker (according to the spa-guy) So I say to Boyd: "So. . . I guess we need an electrician" and Boyd says to me: "No, I'm going to do it myself, first I'll turn off the power to the house, just to be on the safe side, then I'll remove the breaker, then I'll go to the "electric store" (he really didn't call it that) and I get one EXACTLY like this one, there's a green, a red and a white wire, I'll wire it back up. . . . it's not rocket science, and you'll be back in soaking mode again."

So, dear friends and family. I hope you're not attending funeral services for your deceased, father, brother, friend, uncle, nephew,
step or in-law (what-ever Boyd is to you) because of a
sad "electrical mis-hap"

6 comments:

Megan said...

YIKES! I hope not either... I'll say a little prayer for him. Actually, can you tell him to say a prayer for me for him? (hehe) I have faith in Boyd, he is the handy-man extraordinaire... now if it was Jeff I'd be down at Russon Brothers setting up arrangements.

Shay said...

At least he promised to turn the power off! Lance did some "electrical work" (Installing a new light) and said he didn't need to turn off the power, just the light switch. Luckily nothing bad happened, but after he installed it, we stuck a light bulb on and it went on without us flipping the switch, meaning it was on the whole time. Duh!

Good luck getting your tub back in working order.

Mandi said...

Boyd knows enought to be dangerous dosen't he?

Aimee said...

Ooh goodness! I hope that you get your hot tub working soon and I hope that dad is very careful at replacing the electrical box. Good Luck!

kendall said...

go Boyd! hope it is up and running ASAP!

bev said...

Maybe a little jaunt to San Fransisco will help.