Monday, September 20, 2010

Say, we're tourists



I've been wanting to see the Lion King but didn't have
tickets. I had gone on-line and they were more that I wanted to spend
not to mention the "convenience" fees charged. So I give up hope
of seeing this performance on this tour, maybe in a year
or two.

We had planned to go to St. George this weekend.
Boyd's work schedule messed it up.

That said. . . . Boyd and I decided to treat ourselves and go downtown and
pretend we were tourists for the weekend. We headed to the ticket office of the Capital
Theater, parked on the street on the 2-hour free meter. We asked the ever
lovely girl at the "will call" counter (who by the way only had one arm and was
so efficient I couldn't stand it) if there were any *giggle*giggle* seats left (with
the hopes we could get a scabby seat for the Saturday night or even the
Sunday show) Well, we were able to get orchestra seats about 9-10 rows
back smack dab in the middle **INCREDIBLE***for the 2:00 p.m. showing!
AAAHHHHH only 45 minutes to move the car and grab a bite to eat. Boyd
parked the car and I ran to Siegfried's Deli and grabbed us a sandwich that
we ate as we stood in line to enter the theater. By the time we got seated
and the curtain went up and as the music started and the parade of animals
down the aisle for the opening song (Circle of Life) at pride rock, I'm not
ashamed to say, tears were running down my cheeks. (This is my favorite
Disney animated movie - I love the Music)
IT WAS FABULOUS!!!
We didn't want to try and fight the crowds at the underground parking plaza
so we wandered to "Acme Burger" They were closed. Who knew. So we
wandered up Pierpont Avenue and found the "Sandbar" - great pub-grub!!
Fantastic Chips that they bring out in gallon sized sand pail!! Homemade tortillas - yummy!
We stayed in the Towers at Little America. There was a fund-raiser for the
Governor at the Grand America so there were a few peeps in their "finery"
wandering the foyer, all hoity-toity-ish. The room we were in was great.
Lovely linens, lovely soaps, huge tub etc. etc. They have an incredible chocolate
ganach cake on the room service menu. De-lish!! Then we ate at the
breakfast buffet on Sunday morning where I can eat all that yummy fresh
fruit and a made-to-order omelet - not to mention my body weight it bacon.
(Natures PERFECT food, I refer to it as Divine Swine!!) Later we tried to get
to see the Hubble 3-D show and the Clarke Planetarium, but missed it by a
few minutes, so we headed to the Megaplex for a film. Large Drink. Box of
Milk Duds.
AHHH, great weekend. I want to do it again. Because we never do this kind
of thing and everything was so great I hate to jinx myself and try it again
anytime soon.

4 comments:

Shay said...

"closed"? as in for good? Crazy! So jealous, I too have wanted to see that and have heard nothing but fabulous reviews from everyone. So glad you got to see it and didn't let a work mix up ruin your weekend!

Clarissa Earl said...

Ah that sounds like such a good weekend! Nana took us to see the Lion King for Christmas one year and it was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. I'm glad you guys treated yourselves :-). Can't wait to back on the schedule for Sunday dinner! Loves

Mandi said...

Sometimes staycations are the best.

Wendell and Carole said...

That sounds like such a fun week-end. We'll have to do that too.