Thursday, September 26, 2013

It's coming.....

I looked at the mountains on my drive home,
there was a light dusting of snow.
I pulled over and too this picture and realized that
I would be injoying the
last days of warm sunny weather
 and there are things that need
to be done before the real snow sets in.
I know that I'm tired of the heat we've experienced, but
am I ready for what's to come....
 
This is my Jasmine..........
it nearly perished from the heat
when I was on vacation.
My instructions for watering were not
made clear, and she suffered......
I'm hoping she will
recover and bless me with
those wonderful flowers that
smell so sweet.

 My Gardenia......she nearly went the way
of her many predessors..this past winter
I had her up high where the hot air
rises and was in line with a ceiling fan.
This was necessary because of a
certain feline that was in the house.
(said feline peed on my previous Gardenia
and killed it, there's nothing like
cat piss to kill anything living-
and to strip paint.......no kidding)
She was in a perfect place all summer,
 where it was wet and shady, and she revived nicely.
I'm hoping to take better care of her
this winter.
This is my Tangerine tree, she is
still on the deck, I'm making room
for her..........

No comments: