Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013.......miscellaneous
Sadly, the blooms from my Christmas Cactus are fallen before Thanksgiving. Last year my Christmas Cactus bloomed before Halloween, so we are making progress.....she is getting the memo about where we are on the calendar...hahaha
Pie, pie, pie, pie and a gallete.................
Mr. Isaac determined to run his first 5K, The Turkey Trot that Cottonwood Heights sponsors.   Grumps and I made a poster and headed over to the finish line so we could cheer him on. He crossed the line with a big old grin..........he said "I got a cramp part way thru, I think I didn't drink enough water!"
This little gal should be hired out on Thanksgiving
to be a prep-chef....
she was amazing and so helpful.
This is the big guy out lowering the turkey into the hot oil.
The smell is yummy............grease and turkey.
Yummy....my tummy is growling. This is alot of work to heat up 5 gallons of oil and fry a turkey breast. It takes hours for the oil to cool, so the clean-up isn't complete until the next day. We look at each other every Friday after the big day and say "how much longer can we do this?"

No comments: