Blue Skies.....means happiness
When you wake up and the sun is glaring off the beautiful gleaming snow, it means it's time to break out the decorations and go to town...........Well, sort of. I didn't really go to town on the decoration front this year. I realized that everything I put up would need to be taken down and put away.
We have a 3 foot pre-lit tree that fits perfectly on our fireplace. I pull out my favorite decorations from over the years. Some I've received from friends, some my sister has painted, some the kids have given me or made. These one is some of my most recent.
Our friend, Sharleen, who is incredibly talented, paints these lovelies while you wait at Dillard's. She painted Boyd and I each one a few years ago, and delivered them to us. I love them because they are so personal. I've stated many times that if I could have the talent that resides in Sharleens little finger, I would be so happy.....and I might be able to make something to be displayed.......oh well, I have my own talents (well, I'm assured everyone has their own special talents....I guess mine are somewhere..hahaha)
For some reason I didn't get the front of mine.......I know I've been blogging for several years, but I still have a bit of a problem getting my pictures where I want them.....grrrrr
I made a batch of sugar cookie dough and invited the kiddos over for a cookie making evening. I placed the cookies, icing and decorations on the table, with paper towels, wet washcloths, and I had a cold gallon of milk in the fridge.....let the mess begin :)
The aftermath was not as bad as I had anticipated......................
I have had these 12 nesting boxes for years. I cannot express the joy that they have brought to the kids in stacking them.........knocking them over........again and again and again......It makes me want to leave them out all year long.
This face looks guilty................but really she was just playing with Barbie! But she probably has the guilty look on her face perpetually, because she is usually up to something that would get her in trouble.
More Barbie accessorizing......you are never too young to love you some Barbie! It was fun to have them over for cookies and mess-making.........









No comments:
Post a Comment