Thursday, May 1, 2014

Big Sur
We left Hurst Castle and headed up the coast and pulled off Pacific Coast Highway 1......to Seal Beach....
It was magical. 
Seals, as far as you could see, on the sand sunning themselves....
Oh how I could relate to laying on the beach, hearing the waves crash, feeling the warmth on the sun on my skin and realizing what a big beautiful world God created.
This was a little curious squirrel.....
very unafraid of people, I'm sure he get fed very well.
The view was almost unbelievable.
This was almost unbelievable too......$5.32 A GALLON for gas.....
I told Boyd to just pump enough to get us to Carmel....where we would be staying the night....
this was painful to pay..
The Beauty of Big Sur was everywhere. 
It didn't quite make up for the horribly expensive gas, but the town was charming and inviting....and I would love to come back and stay for a day.....or three.
We grabbed lunch/dinner (linner) at The Restaurant at River Inn.  We sat on the patio by the creek that ran in the back....
afterward we walked along the Inn's gardens......
so relaxing, it was transformative....

I forgot to take a pic of our lunch.....but I did our dessert......

No comments: