Farewell to Another Great Guy
Three days after getting the call about my Uncle Arthur, another call from Mom.....her older brother, Uncle Frank died. Man, lots of good guys knocking on Heaven's Door.
We didn't see as much of Uncle Frank as some other relatives. His career was the Air Force. He lived in far away places, and when he come to see us, it was like he was a rock star!! He was sweet and kind, funny and soft spoken, yet he was a commanding presence, and he had our respect. He was handsome and his wife, my Aunt Barbara was about 5 foot nothing, with a deep voice, and a hearty laugh......very throaty, I'm sure from a lifetime of smoking and she seemed very exotic. Dark hair and dark sparkling eyes, and she was bubbly. I remember her sitting at our kitchen table talking to my mom. Being that I was as nosey as they came, my mom couldn't shame me into leaving them alone, I was right there listening to every single word, just being a regular
"Nosey McNoserson" Aunt Barbara never seemed to mind.
I remember a little tea set Uncle Frank give to Peggi and I, Mom telling us to be careful and take good care of it....but we were typical girls.....careless. He retired from the Air Force and lived in San Bernadino, California. He was generous to those he loved.
I was so impressed with the cadets that carried his casket.
They said it was an honor to provide this last bit of service.
My Aunt Barbra died several years ago,
I'm happy to think of their reunion.
When I was at the cemetary, I took this picture of my Grandpa and Grandpa Bushar's headstone. I thought how lucky I am to come from such wonderful, hard-working, generous and faithful family.




No comments:
Post a Comment