Friday, April 23, 2010

Mom BomB

My mom's the Bomb-diggity!!
That means she AWESOME.
Today is her Birthday
I hope it's fabity-fab-fab-fabulous.
Me and mom last October
Mom doing one of
the things
mom does best. . . .

COOK!!

I love to eat.
Thanks to mom's great cooking.

I love to hum and sing.
Thanks to mom.
I remember her
belting out:
"Summertime
And the livin' is easy,
Fish are jumpin'
And the cotton is high.
Oh yo' daddy's rich
An' yo' ma is good lookin'
So hush, little baby,
Don't you cry."

This is the song that made
me love Janis Joplin,
Janis did a remake of
this Gershwin
song. when I
hear it I think of my
mom and growing up
under the best conditions a
child could
grow up in:
A small town,
a small home, and a large
family.

I learned to sew because
my mom taught me. She made
95% of all my clothes.

I worry about my
teeth because
mom put the fear
of God in me to
"brush and floss"

I learned to like
myself because my
mom told me how
great I was.

My three favorite words
came from my mom:
Lotion
Lotion
Lotion
She was always slathering
on the good old
"Balm Barr"

She's the only person
that can make the
title of
"you little shit-ass"
a term of
endearment.

~ All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother ~
- Abraham Lincoln


5 comments:

Mandi said...

She is the best!

Harmony said...

Lovely tribute to Grams! She is the best and she taught well because you are so "bomb diggity Too!!!

Aimee said...

Grandma Paxman is the best! I hope she had a great Birthday! I love your post on her.

kendall said...

yes yes yes... Grandma is the best!!! What a nice post, Patti.

Wendell and Carole said...

Wonderful tribute to your mom. She is a GREAT lady..