Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Taco Tuesday!

Well, it's Tuesday evening, we had tacos. I'm real tired of the same 9 things that are on my list of meals. I'm too lazy to try any of the recipes that I'm constantly reading from magazines. (I even go as far as cutting them out or taping them to cards and put them in my recipe file.)

Sometimes, when I'm looking at a magazine in a Doctor's office and I run across a recipe that looks yummy (of course if looks yummy, if it didn't they wouldn't put it in the magazine) so I sashay (?) to the front desk and ask if I could possible trouble them to make a copy of the recipe! Then, I fold it and put it in my purse (aka "the black hole of Calcutta") and later, maybe up to (2) weeks when I get around to cleaning out my purse, or decide to change purses, I run across the recipe, and I say to myself: "Self, that looked good in the magazine, all colored and stuff, but this black and white copy. . . . . not so good!" Then the paper finds it way to the garbage!

I keep telling myself that one day I won't always be tired and I'll try fun and creative recipes (and my husband will acquire real taste buds and want to try these creative dishes)

There is a road trip in my near future. I will be bringing someone who likes to try new and exciting dishes home with me. I'm giving her a "heads-up" This old kitchen wants a new taste treat on Tuesdays. . . . . . and every other day of the week!!


3 comments:

Megan said...

Do i have to cater to Boyd? He sort of sucks the enjoyment out of yummy food, with all his dislikes!

Mimaw said...

yes, you know the drill, "make it good and be creative!" hahahahaha

Mimaw said...

yes, you know the drill, "make it good and be creative!" hahahahaha