Tuesday, July 12, 2011

LIFE LIST. . . .AKA BUCKET LIST





My ever-lovely Sister-in-Law, Miss Bev, mentioned having Washington DC on every one's bucket list. It is on mine. I call it "My Life List" I've had it for years, I add to it and I cross off as I accomplish items. A trip to NYC in 2008 allowed me to cross of (3) items. A trip to Hawaii in 2007 allowed me to cross of (1) item, but I will have to go back because I've added something else that will require another trip there. The above picture is "El Capitan" in Yosemite that is on my "list" not to climb but to witness it's grandeur.




A trip to Italy(hopefully next fall for 3 weeks) will allow me to cross several more items off my "list"




I want to stay at least (1) night at
Hotel Del Coronado on Coronado Island.





I want to visit the Great Barrier Reef. That trip would clear a few more items, the hardest of which would be to learn to scuba dive . . . I'm a bit claustrophobic.




Visiting Stonehenge would get several more crossed off the list.



A trip to Norway with a cruise to see the Aurora Borealis would be another biggie!!



There's lots of others that don't involve travel:
**Take a cab ride from my home to the Airport
**Learn Italian (enough to get me around)
**Write the children's books I have ideas for (3)
**Give anonymous gifts of $$$
**Take Boyd and I on a Limo ride
**Run a marathon (someone better tell me I'm NUTS)
**Read the Book of Mormon as many times as I am old (I'm about 47 too few times)
**Have all my composite fillings replaced with enamel fillings (Travis
can do this when he gets out of dental school)
**Pay cash for a new car!!
**Be on the Jumbo Tron at the Delta Center (it's changed names since
I made my list)
**Find something interesting when I "google" my own name!

What are some of your items?

2 comments:

Shay said...

Wow, I like yours - I might have to steal a few. The aurora borealis was something I didn't realize I wanted to see until you posted it. Other than one day visiting Israel (Which I don't know if it will ever happen for me) I haven't really thought about it. Looks like I need to sit down and work on a list. If you need help planning your Italy trip, I can add a few must see places you didn't even know you needed to see, but sooo worth it.

bev paxman said...

No bucket list for me. I would just always be stressed and dissapointed over it. I'm still trying to get up to the Log Haven restaurant after 25 years and it's only 15 minutes away! Also keep thinking that I need to rent a hotel room with a balcony for the 24th parade. I'm a thinker, not a doer.