Boyd being the super-dooper husband that he is planned a weekend get-away to ease the pain of me having another birthday, which brings additional wrinkles, gray hair, extra pounds on my bootie and believe it or not, I'm having some really impressive hot-flashes. So, he was thinking a cooler place would do the trick. Seattle it was. We flew out on Friday afternoon.
This is a Russian Bakery at Pike Place Market where we had some luscious pastries. It was an Anthony Bourdain stop, so we thought if it was good enough for Anthony it was good enough for us. It was D-Lish I had a pastry that had marzipan inside, it transported me to another dimension. I also had a flaky pastry with cream cheese and marionberries. ummmmmmmm
We ambled amid the masses of people at the Pike Place Market. It has the most incredible Flowers. . . . . cheap. I would be sporting fresh flowers at my home all the time if I had access to the bouquets they have here. . . . . can you say dahlia
We took a tour of Seattle's Underground. It was a great little slice of the cities history. I loved it. . . . .alot, but I love all things historical. The tour guides were knowledgeable and very funny. I would say this is a "must see" if you go to Seattle.

This is another picture of what is 15' - 35' under the city. They even have a funny joke about "Ladder Day Saints" it cracked us up.
We ate at the restaurant at the top of the Space Needle. We were able to sit by the windows and the lights of the city were magical to look at. I met a "blogger" there and we discussed taking pictures of food and such, and documenting our lives and putting it out there for peeps to read. She was from Alaska and said it was her life-line to civilization. I told her I lived in the suburbs and worked in an office cubicle and it was my lifeline also!
There was several city blocks that you could use their transit for free. We used them when the walk up-hill seemed too much for our tired dogs! We tried to squeeze a week of stuff in a weekend. My ankles are cankles now because of the water retention. The bus saved our feet.
in front of one of my favorite stores. . . . . Sephora. . . . . I stepped off the shuttle, and I swear. . . . . the angels sang! It was awesome, wish you were there!
Boyd steps into a different persona when we are on vacation. He is calm, and perfectly happy to wander the streets as I wander the aisles, it's too too terrific for words. He never mentions the frequency of my potty stops. He frequently asks if there is something I would like to purchase. All in all he's the perfect companion. I remember why I married him.
This is the Science Fiction Museum and the EMP (Experience Music Project) a museum dedicated to the history and exploration of both popular music and science fiction. The building was colorful and cool. It is worth seeing because of it's architecture. The exhibit was OK, not a "must see" but if you had time it would be nice. They did have an awesome 2 story tower of guitars and keyboards and all different instruments. Very cool. If you are a Jimi Hendrix or a Nirvana fan this would be something you should see. They did have a pretty awesome section dedicated to scary movies, that was pretty good. Ok, Ok, so maybe this is something you should go to.
We did the ultimate in tourist-y events. We went on the "Ride the Ducks" tour. It was loud, and crazy and fun. The tour guide was funny, and they passed out blankets to cover up with because it was a tad bit chilly (coming from a hot-flash gal that means it was C*O*L*D) I had to purchase a zippered sweatshirt that was fleece lined before we went- eeeekkkkkk
They really do drive on the roads and maneuver in the water. We went out into Elliot Bay and motored around. So fun. We even purchased the cheesy pictures they take of you before you board. How campy are we?
They have the monorail that was built for the Worlds Fair in 1962. It travels between the Seattle Center (where the Space Needle is) and the West Lake Center (huge shopping mall - by the way they had terrific shopping, wonderful window displays all along the downtown blocks.) We rode the monorail a few times. 

8 comments:
looks like an awesome time!!! Happy birthday!
I love that place.
my fav city!
Now that looks fun! I can hear Boyd.... "Now what should we do M'wife"? Glad you had such a fun time. You guys deserve it. I need a new sink stopper from Home Depot. I bet that is what I will get for my birthday!
I'm so glad you found me! Hope you had a great rest of your trip! I'll be checking out your adventures :-)
What a fun weekend that you guys had.
This just made my list of cities to visit. Thanks for sharing. It looked amazing.
You guys know how to do a weekend getaway! Looks like you hit a lot places. Boyd did good. I got your card and yes it is being played everytime someone walks by. Know I was thinking of you on OUR birthday. I love that we share that day. Heard that you guys got a visit from Gram and Gramp. I love them, so glad they came your way too. October was a traveling month for them, and you! Love you!!!!
Post a Comment