Thursday, January 12, 2012

I thought "cupcake" died in the 80's
Ummm. . . . looks good.

So pretty .. . . . . . . .

downright scrumptious. . . . . .

I don't have anything against the cupcake.
I've eaten more than my share over the years.
They've had a genuine up-rising in popularity
for the last couple of years. They are everywhere
in all their decorated glory.

Cupcake only becomes a problem when you are
called "cupcake". Not once, not twice but at least
(3) times in the presence of others. This was by a
(I hesitate to use the word gentleman, because it would
indicate he had manners and good taste) so I will say
a man who is at our work complex doing some hands-on
training for some new programs and processes.
Needless to say no 54 year old woman
wants to be called "Cupcake" It's insulting!

6 comments:

kendall said...

ewww.. gross! Hope you gave him the stink eye.

Megan said...

Hahaha.

Shay said...

Really? I don't think a woman at ANY age would want to be called that especially in a professional setting. Maybe you should start calling him that and see if he likes it.

Clarissa Earl said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my last post. I love you so much MiMaw :-). I miss you all! Sunday dinner alone doesn't compare.

bev paxman said...

I know that I can get a little riled at times. BUT if some guy (or girl) called me Cupcake at work..... Oh, heaven help them. How fast can you say Human Resources?

Vera said...

Oh come on....'cupcake'.....