Monday, May 21, 2012

More
This non-descript metal building houses a terrific bakery.  We say a little sign on the side of'
the road on our way from Kona to Hilo.  We were heading to Akaka Falls so we pulled in
and purchased some yummies..........they were........yummy.


This is what we encountered on our walk to the Falls, green and lush and gorgeous

This is the Falls.
Amazing.
gorgeous





This is the jeep we rented.  These 4-door babies are much less "jumpy" than the old CJ5's that Boyd used to own.  I think I could own one of these bad-boys.
I took this picture of Boyd and "John from New Jersey"  he came to the island and found a way to stay.  He sells fresh fruit.......bananas, coconuts, papaya, cane-juice drinks (we had one that was cane juice, lime juice and fresh ginger........so so so de-lish - he whipped it up in that white motor-home thingy there.  I'm sure there were about 487 food-handling laws that were broken in the process....but we never got sick, we just pretended it was created in a spic -n-span clean kitchen with a food processer that is routinely scrubbed and put thru a dish-washer (?) He was handsome, with a really beautiful smile.....to bad he had not rubbed up against a stick of deodorant in about 5 years!!! Such a nice boy, such a smelly guy, such a great array of fresh fruit and - ummmmmmm that drink was too too yummy!!
This is Boyd's Carne Asada Tacos at Lucy's Taquria- yummmmmmmm
This is my smothered burrito, very tasty......pork.....tender......spicy......de-lish!!!
Whoever Lucy is, she's got a wonderful menu!!

2 comments:

Shay said...

I love that you have included food in your trip post. I think the main point of a good vacay for me is to eat well and I am salivating just looking at your pics!

Aimee said...

WOW it looks like you guys had a wonderful time! Shawn really likes that jeep you guys rented.