Pick a Winner
Well, it's the end of another year of reading.
Here's what I read:
*** indicates a book I would recommend.
Mistress ShakespeareOne Summer***
11-12-63***(I love all Stephen King Books)
The Language of Flowers*** (Loved this one)
Love's Banner
Dreams of Joy***
A Town Like Alice***(This could possibly be considered a "Classic")
To Kill A Mockingbird***
This was voted by the Librarians nationwide as the best book of the 20th Century, and I cannot disagree. This is the 1st on my "Classics" list.
The Scarlett Pimpernel***
This was awesome. 2nd on my list of classics.
Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind (sort of recommend)
Fever Dream
Cold Vengence
Ice Limit
Live Wire
Mr. Rosenbaums Dreams in English *** (sweet)
A girl names Zippy, growing up small in Moreland Indiana***(so funny)
Black Heels to Tractor Wheels (forgettable-Pioneer Women's book- she needs to stay cooking because her life story is not worth reading! )
Matched
Jane Eyre***
This is 3rd on my list of "classics"
Garlic and Sapphires***(This is about a New York Times food critic and what she does so she is not recognized when she goes to restaurants--good)
The unfinished work of Elizabeth D. ***(This is a great book, a bit sad-ish)
One Moment One Morning
Little Women***
4th on my list of "Classics"
By Bread Alone
Hissy Fit
Gone Girl
The Third Gate
One Breath Away
Hollow City
Wife 22***(interesting take about a women who answers an on-line questionnaire and becomes "wire 22" )
When in Doubt add Butter (light stupid fluff....don't bother)
The Homecoming of Samuel Lake ***
A Year of Wonders
Mennonite in a Little Black Dress (forgettable)
Mrs Mike ***
13 Reasons Why
The Prize Winner of Defiance Ohio ***
To The Rescue
The Receptionist***
House of Secrets
A Beautiful Mystery ***(Murder amongst a group of Monks)
The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry***
The Care & Handling of Roses with Thorns
Hemingway's Girl ***
The Hobbit*** (the trilogy will be read in January)





1 comment:
Love this post. I am always looking for good books to read and I have only read a small handful of these. I think last year you recommended The Dove Keepers and so I choose it for my book club book - It became one of the favorite books read all year!
Post a Comment