Monday, August 12, 2013

and

Hot August Nights
Every year, the 1st week in August the "Biggest Little City in the World"
a.k.a. Reno, Nevada, has a car show.
"Hot August Nights".  We have discussed
going for several years.  This year we would be
passing thru on our way home from vacation, so we
spent (2) nights and looked around to see
what all the hoopla was about.
It was pretty amazing for a car show. 
This is Mr. Mr. in front of a 64 Corvette.........
he drools....
Not sure what this car was......I just really liked it.
There were 5000+ cars in Reno this weekend.
I took Mr. Mr's picture in front of at least 15 Corvettes.
He's a big Vette lover.
This is a 1963 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport. 
My Grandma Rokah had a car like this
(aqua and white....not red)
After she passed away Peggi and I
got to drive it.
This is a 1957 Chevy......a very good year......
for cars........and to be born........
my mom drove a care like this.
It was blue-green, and had a 3 on the tree transmission.
I have memories of that car too.  She had a 1966 Chev Impala
after this car......I saw a few of those at the car show but didn't get
a picture.
I'm pretty sure this is not the last
time Mr. Mr. will be at the
Hot August Nights car show in Reno.
(not sure I'll go.....maybe)

No comments: