HUMAN RIGHTS
I know that today we are celebrating MLK for all the fabulous things he did for human rights. Along with that, I was pondering today all of the rights we have and I thought of a film my daughter encouraged me to watch. "Iron Jawed Angels" It's a true story of two women who make a stand for women's rights, and end up shaping the future of America. It has Hilary Swank, Angelica Houston and Julia Ormond. Such a great story, once you see it you will NEVER take your right to vote for granted. The women are thrown in jail, with an ensuing hunger strike making headline news. The women's resistance to being force-fed earns them the nickname "The Iron Jawed Angels." It is gut-wrenching to see this nasty little chapter of American history.
1 comment:
I will rent it this weekend. Always looking for a good movie.
Post a Comment