Twitter
TREESby: Joyce Kilmer (1886-1918)
I THINK that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;
A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;
A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;
Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.
Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.
I love twitter.
Not the electronic kind.
I have a beautiful Blue Spruce in my backyard.
My dad (gardener extraordinaire)
comments on it's beauty
each time he visits and steps onto my deck.
I sleep with a sound machine.
I usually listen to waves lapping on the shore,
OR
thunder.
I sleep with this machine
to drown out the random noises
every home and neighborhood has.
I do this so I can sleep.
I swear by it.
What do these random thoughts
have in common?
Well, the last 4-5 early mornings
that find me wandering
my halls,
I've heard the tweets
and twitters of birds.
There are many who have taken
up residence in my Blue Spruce.
What a sure sign that
Spring in on it's way
I'm happy.
Not the electronic kind.
I have a beautiful Blue Spruce in my backyard.
My dad (gardener extraordinaire)
comments on it's beauty
each time he visits and steps onto my deck.
I sleep with a sound machine.
I usually listen to waves lapping on the shore,
OR
thunder.
I sleep with this machine
to drown out the random noises
every home and neighborhood has.
I do this so I can sleep.
I swear by it.
What do these random thoughts
have in common?
Well, the last 4-5 early mornings
that find me wandering
my halls,
I've heard the tweets
and twitters of birds.
There are many who have taken
up residence in my Blue Spruce.
What a sure sign that
Spring in on it's way
I'm happy.
3 comments:
That's so wonderful, I grew up where birds spent the winter so had the noise all year long and how I've come to love the peace the song bring. Thanks for Posting.
I am noticing the tweets and twitters as well. That always feels like Easter is close. What happens when its Easter???? SPRING.......
Post a Comment