Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I ALMOST LEFT MY HEART . . . .

I would recommend a family trip to anyone thinking about it. This is the Orpheum Theatre on Market Street in San Francisco. It was taken as Boyd and I were riding along with my brother Don and his wife Sandi. This was a trip we've been planning for some time now and it didn't disappoint. This is a mosaic on a wall at Jack London Square in Oakland. We spent a lovely morning and afternoon in Oakland here and at the swap meet.

These pix are SO not in order. This is me and my mom on a rock bench on Cannery Row in Monterey. My dream is to own a home in Monterey, I know it might be a bit unrealistic, but a girl's gotta dream!! (Boyd said he would make me one of these if I took a picture)

This is of my sweet Mom and my sometimes sweet Dad. We took the 17-mile drive along the Pebble Beach Golf Course and Cypress groves. It was so incredibly beautiful. . . . . . and windy.

This is Boyd, Mom and Dad on the boat over to Alcatraz. There was a "small" incident while we were there, but hardly worth mentioning (hahahahahahaha)

This is Dad on the gritty streets of the Haight Ashbury district. He thought that the young kids were "parasites" and needed to get a job!! I can't say that I disagree with him. It was a pretty dirty place, and not as much fun wandering as I thought it was going to be. We did find a great little diner to eat at though. There were lots of kids who looked like they smelled bad!

On Thursday Boyd and I were with my brother Brad and his wife Bev. We took a fabulous drive to Muir Woods and headed to Bodega Bay. This is Stinson Beach, we stopped and walked down to the water. This day was kinda cold and windy but so beautiful. We were headed to Goat Head site which is a 21-mile drive up PCH 1, where hump-back whales are located year round. We didn't see any, but the day was near-perfection. Easy going, beautiful scenery, great company, no place we had to be and no time frame that we had to get there in! We drove thru Dogtown, Point Reyes, Tomales (I think this is where we ate an incredibly average meal, but there was a better-than-average Inn that would be fun to stay in) Guerneville (maybe the most-gay town in America (?) I can't remember) Healdsburg . . . . . .just to name a few.

There's no rhyme or reason the way I've posted these pix. This is me and my hunka-hunka-burnin'-love on the corner of Haight and Ashbury!!
This is a pic of my oldest Brother Brad and his equally spastic side-kick Bev. Yes, this is an accurate portrayal of them . . . . . .goofy. . . . . . .fun to be with. . . . . . . great traveling companions.
This is of the entire vacation party peeps. Mom, Dad, Don, Sandi, Brad, Bev, Me and Boyd. We are on the Wharf.
I have lots more pictures, some of some incredible cemeteries. (yes I did say cemeteries) We found a place near Daly City that we called "Death Row" There were the following cemeteries:
Woodlawn - Itialian - Japanese - Serbian - Oliviet - Holy Cross ( Catholic) - Home of Peace - Hills of Eternity (I think this was the Jewish cemetery) Greenlawn - Cypress Lawn - Hoy Sun. There were also many monument businesses along this stretch of road. I have some video but I'm not sure how to post that. I may be adding more pictures when I get more ambition.
This was a great trip. We did lots of things I didn't post about. Thanks to my fun family. The hardest part is coming back to work and within a day or two if feels like you never left.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Megan said...

Looks like a fun trip.. too bad you had to squish it all into one little post!

Mimaw said...

I may post again, I'm hoping Miss Bev posts something interesting and funny, since I'm the "BORE" according to Mr. Boyd . . . . . oh wait did he mean BOMB - LOL

Mandi said...

Such a fun trip! You guys so deserve it!

bev said...

I wasn't planning on posting actually.... I thought you could do the honors for both of us. You did better than I would have. I have way to bad of an attitude this week. It SUCKS to come back to work!
Its funny about the rock bench in Monterey. Brad took a picture of it also so that he could make me one. I bet you get yours first. Thanks for sharing your time with us. It was a wonderful week!!!

Harmony said...

So fun!!! Wish I was there...Miss granps and grams and don and sandi....Such a fun crowd...you really do have a great family and perfect for vacationing! So glad you and dad went. you two deserve it!!!! Love you both but glad to have you back....( I rely on you way to much)-XOXOXO

Aimee said...

HOW FUN! It looks like your trip was a wonderful one!

kendall said...

I was wondering when someone was going to post some pictures! Looks like a blast. I'm glad everyone had such a great time..