Saturday, May 1, 2010

I need your opinion (?)

What is up with this look ?

Well, It was Mr. Boyd's 50th birthday celebration. It's been going on for a month (that is a story for another day) I made reservations at Christopher's downtown in the Peery Hotel. I purchased him some new summer duds. (This is a man that NEVER, and I say NEVER purchases himself anything to wear. ) He would wear the same old thread-bare items forever. Plus, I must add, he will never forgo comfort for style, if it feels good (natural fibers are what he likes, he doesn't know this!) he always strokes whatever I purchase for him to wear, and he can tell if he likes the "feel" or not. Any-hoo, here he is in some new khaki shorts and a lovely Hawaiian print shirt and he looks smashing from the ankles up!!! But, he has on a skanky old pair of athletic shoes and some ankle socks. When I say, "You need to change your shoes" he informs me "like hell I do, these feel good, I'm wearin' em." So, he schleps into Christopher's with his "quirky" little "look". Bless his heart. . . . . . and all his other parts. I love him! Now for the 64-dollare question, is he a goof or what?

4 comments:

Shay said...

Too funny! At least he knows what he likes and if his eye sight ever fades with age, he will always know what to wear just by touch.

bev said...

At least Boyd lets you pick out his clothes! We could only be that lucky in this house. Brad will shop, Brad will buy, and when he buys he will buy five or more sometimes of the same ugly thing. He thinks he looks really hot in his second hand store bollo tie when we dress up to go out. He wears colored dress socks with his shorts. He buttons all of his casual shirts up to his neck, etc.... So, I feel your pain.

Mandi said...

Yes, he is a goof, but he's our goof and we love him. I bet that shirt just made his eyes pop!

Aimee said...

No matter what dad/grumpy looks like we still love him! I love that Hawaiian shirt that he is wearing. It makes me want to go to Hawaii.