Monday, November 8, 2010

Girl Power. . . .

Miss Harmony and I drove to Filmore on Saturday
to meet mom and Peggi at "Larry's"
(for those who remember my
boycott, I did not spend any
money $$ Harmony paid)
to make a "deal"
a "swap" a whatever clandestine
sounding word you
can come up with.

Mom and Peggi got
confused. Peggi thinks
she's a LOSER and
mom thinks the world
can #$@*-off
These are the beauties I went
for. Pommies,
my favorite fruit.
I try to get to So. Utah
in October to get these
for myself.
This year it didn't happen.
Mom (being the world's best mom)
called me and asked if I
wanted to "meet" her for
a "drop" to which I promptly
said "Hell Yes!"
It wouldn't be Thanksgiving
without Dixie Fruit Salad.
(Mandi, Bev & Kendall let me
know and I can drop some
off for you- ummmmm)
There are more that this
picture indicates.

On to Part II of my
weekend and "girl power"

I had to go to the endodontist last week for a "re-treatment" of a root canal on tooth #8 (front tooth on the right) This tooth is capped with a "bridge" so I didn't want anything to go wrong. I've had a problem with this for 3-1/2 years!! Last December I had an infection and my Dentist give me an antibiotic to clear it up and said I needed to go the the specialist to have it taken care of. Well, it took me this long (an a huge pus-pocket that throbbed like hell) to get an appointment. He drained the pus-pocket and made an appointment for the "re-treat." I told him I have some "issues" so he give me a Valium to take before I come and we scheduled an anesthesiologist so I could be sedated for the procedure. All seemed to go well, I went home Wednesday afternoon and "slept it off" I didn't go to work on Thursday because my eyelids weighed about 80 lbs -EACH! Well, Friday afternoon after work I was having some "throbbing" and I was taking some pain meds prescribed for Boyd, but I didn't care - I hurt. Harmony had to listen to me the entire trip to Filmore and home about my "face hurting" I couldn't even say where it hurt. I told her I was real tired because I couldn't get to sleep because if hurt too bad. We returned home and Harmony helped me string some Christmas lights (that's for another post) I turned down the chance to go to dinner with Travis and just went and laid down in bed . . . at 5:30 in the afternoon. (I couldn't have cooked if I wanted to because that morning when I turned on the oven to bake some items for breakfast, my oven wouldn't work - the stove yes, oven no - but that's yet another post) Boyd left that evening to assist in a service project in the neighborhood to do some painting and didn't come home until about midnight. This is what he came home to.



( it got worse than this, my lower cheeks along the jawline got all puffy, and up to my eyes)

I was sobbing and he said "I had no idea it was this bad, I thought you were being a "pantie waste" and just wanted sympathy (I've been know to be dramatic - ha) I made him give me a blessing, and wow, he has a direct link to the Big Guy, because after that the pain subsided and I was able to sleep for about 4-5 hours. Sunday morning I called the endodontist and and described my face and he said to go to the ER. So away we went. I am so thankful for kind peeps at the hospital. They give me lots of good pain meds and a dose of antibiotic and warm blankets and lots of kinds words. So by today, some of the swelling had gone down, and I went to work. This morning another pus-pocket burst and drained and it was disgusting!! I've had a terrible taste in the back of my throat that I'm sure is my sinuses draining, but this one was in along my gums and I could spit it out - can you say GROSS!! So, that's that. I will post later about my lights on the deck - LOVE THEM and my fabulous repairman (Oven is fixed - Yeah)

3 comments:

Mandi said...

Yay for Dixie fruit salad, boo for your poor tooth problem.

bev paxman said...

Is Delma flipping us all off?????

Clarissa Earl said...

Loved this post Patti! Thanks for your nice comments on mine :-) I love ya!