I decided to keep track of all the books I read this year. I might have left off 2-3. I didn't think about it until close to the end of January. But here's a list my books.
Under the Dome
The Traveler **
The Last Anniversary
North River **
The Hunger Games
Catching Fire
The Book Thief **
Open (Biography-Andre Aggasi)
Broken for you
Night over water
The Key to Rebeccah
The Cradle **
The Shanghai Girls **
Shutter island
Major Pettigrews Last Stand **
Hollywood Moon
Blockade Billy - Morality
Sarah's Key **
Baseball Box Prophesy
Memoirs of a Geisha (actually listened to this on CD)
Songs Without Words **
The Heretics Daughter **
That Old Cape Magic
The Red Scarf
Molokai
Hawaii
The Lost Symbol
Shades of Milk and Honey **
Water for Elephants **
Peace like a River **
Fat Man's Daughter (couldn't finish- approx. 100 pages read)
Riding Lessons
Murder on the Cliffs
The Girl who Chased the Moon **
Prayers for sale **
The Body in the Sleigh
The Scarpetta Factor
Long Division (couldn't finish approx. 100 pages read)
The Sugar Queen **
Garden Spells **
Driven (Biography Larry Miller)
The Secrets Sisters Keep **
While My Sister Sleeps
Breathless
Full Dark, No Stars **
Odd Thomas **
Brother Odd
The ones that I've ** are books I would recommend.
There was a time I only read biographies.
There was a time I only read female authors.
My dream job would be to work for a publishing house and
read/edit books for a living. I've made a resolution for
the coming year to read more of "The Classics" and
less of the "light fluff"
7 comments:
you read Shanghai Girls? I LOVED THAT BOOK!!!!!!!! I ran across it randomly at the Airport when I was looking for a book to read on the plane. I was looking for Hunger Games, but didnt find it, and read the back cover of Shanghai Girls and thought it looked good. I could not put it down. I cant wait for the 2nd one. I thought the author did a great job detailing difficult things in a way that I felt was classy. LOVED IT!
Dang Mimaw...I am impressed! You blow this Engligh major out of the water with all of your reading. That's one of my goals this year now that I am completely out of school---read more. You inspire me!
AWESOME Mimaw!! I wish reading books was one of my passions in life. Its very relaxing!
Are you serious??? I don't think that I have read that many books in my whole life (35 years, hehe). I'm impressed.
impressive! Put a couple of the ** on my library request list!!
edited to add: I may never get around to picking them up from the library and reading them... but I just might!
I love Peace Like A River too. If you want some recommendations on the Classics you could ask Nick. He's been reading them for the last few years.
Post a Comment