Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Love gets better. . . . the 8th time around!!

This is my 8th grandchild. Little Miss Sophrona (Sophie) Ellen Lloyd. She was dragged into this world on September 7, 2011 at about 11:07 pm. She was not being co-operative during the birthing work, push 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 *breath* push 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 *breath* push 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 *sigh* after about an hour of that the Dr. rolled her Mama to the OR and delivered her c-section!!! The little turd!


So, like I've send in previous posts, a new life-long love affair has begun. . . . . so glad for the opportunity to have a "do-over" with our grandkids. We start with a clean slate and lots more patience than we had with our children. She is so beautiful, sweet and calming. Just to sit and hold an infant brings down the blood pressure, and makes you have a feeling that all is right with the universe. That this wonderful little gift from God will make her mark in the world and that I will live on through my children and grandchildren and then great-grandchildren. It sort of freaks me out a bit! Her brothers love her to bits, she will have to be a tough little gal or she'll never make it living with those animals!! (I say that with all the love in my heart. . . . but they are little boys) So here's to Sophie, and all the beauty that she has. I hope she can bring as much joy to their home as her Dad brought to mine.

5 comments:

bev paxman said...

She's a beauty!

The Hovers said...

Oh! She's beautiful! Congrats on being such a great grandma...

brodie-burger said...

She is ADORABLE. congratulations....

Eileen Romney said...

Wow, what a doll! It doesn't get better than this.

Mandi said...

I think she's beautiful, I may be a little bias though. She's lucky to have you for a grandma.