The Swine Soiree
You look at this picture and think......what is that?
That is a temporary BBQ Pit.
In the backyard of the Green's Home in Woods Cross.
This is Dan Green. Owner of said home in Woods Cross.
"The Pork Master"
He and his friend have perfected the art of roasting a whole pig.
"The Pork Master"
He and his friend have perfected the art of roasting a whole pig.
They have a party called "The Swine Soiree".
(I'm sure Dan didn't come up with that name, he didn't seem to be the type. )
(I'm sure Dan didn't come up with that name, he didn't seem to be the type. )
We arrived at the Soiree at about 5:15 in the afternoon. They were just checking to pig
to see if the internal temperature was where it needed to be for consumption.
You Can't have party with a large number of people and not cook the pig properly.
That would not be pork-tastic.
You Can't have party with a large number of people and not cook the pig properly.
That would not be pork-tastic.
This is Dan's friend....can't remember his name....not sure I was ever really introduced.
He had a thermometer and was inserting it in the pig........................5 degrees shy
of the magic number of 160 degrees..........back under the foil and tarps....for a bit longer.
The smell was awesome. Boyd and I had a late breakfast and no lunch,
I was saving myself for some pig.....you know me and pig love.
My stomach was growling with anticipation.
This porker weighed 110 pounds when they picked him up in Tooele on Thursday.
They injected him with flavorings and had a rub on him.
He went into the pit at 2:30 in the morning.
Look at that face..........................
These guys have done this over a dozen times.
They were like..........pig-pros.
This guy was the most beautiful shade of roasted pig skin.
There were (4) chickens in there too....for peeps who didn't want
to consume pork.......why oh why would you not?
This is them cutting it up.
There is a lot of fat on a pig.
The meat was incredibly delicious,
but...............you had to cut/scrape away
lots and lots of pig fat.
It was a great party.
I hope I get an invite next year.
I hope I get an invite next year.
A GREAT PIG PARTY









No comments:
Post a Comment