Monday, March 22, 2010

no work. . . . . .altered


I didn't go to work today.
I got up washed, brushed, dressed,
ate a bowl of frosted flakes.
Felt crummy- and got back in bed.

When I did get up I decided to
make a batch of my mom's
30-day bran muffins.

For all you peeps that I've
given this recipe to over the
years, I modified it to make
it more "healthy" and I
can't tell the difference
{maybe a tad less sweet (?)}

What I changed was:
1 C of butter (1/2 C. of veg. oil 1/2 C. applesauce)
5 C flour (4 C. of white 1 C. of whole wheat)
2 C sugar (1-1/2 C sugar)

So, 25% less sugar, 50% less fat and more whole
grain and no difference in taste!!! "Yipee Zipee"

Sorry if you read this hoping
for some great tid-bits
of my usual wisdom (hahahaha)
but I was so excited
that my muffins will
be better for me
(and you if you try it)
I just wanted to share.
ok.
I'm
done.
Goodbye.
have a
great week.
BTW
it's Spring
yeah!!


4 comments:

bev said...

I make these muffins quite often. Thanks for the tips. I am going to try them next time.

Mandi said...

I may just have to try the modified version.

kendall said...

I'm going to have to try the modified version too! I love these muffing.. and my kids eat them like candy.

Aimee said...

Thanks for the recipe! I know we could use some of those bran muffins about now!