Thursday, April 21, 2011

Decision. . . . . settled

Mr. Boyd did some work in "trade" last December. He painted the home of a gentleman who installs wood floors. So, now it's time for me to get my new floors. I've decided I want walnut. I've been informed that it shows up dust and other "debris" better, but I so love the look.


But, our neighbor had some hickory installed (likeness above). It is harder and cheaper than the walnut. I went to see if I liked it. It was beautiful . . . . but not what I wanted.


So here is a look at some Walnut floors. I think I will have variable widths placed and a flat/no shine finish. As I was vacuuming my stairs last weekend, I was thinking to myself, I won't have to do this much longer. Along with new flooring, Boyd will be texturing my walls, rounding out the corners, painting and placing new baseboards. . . . . .yeah for me.




5 comments:

bev paxman said...

Very pretty Patti.

brodie-burger said...

Wendell sells hardwood flooring to contractors. Who is installing your floor?

Vera said...

Yeah, definitely dust bunnies accumulate... but it's so pretty.. I love the darker one.

Mimaw said...

Carole, Dave Davenport is the gentleman who is laying the floors

Aimee said...

How beautiful. I love our wooden floors that are throughout our house.