Thursday, November 3, 2011



OH MY GOODNESS. . . . . .



















Wow, today is my 35th year or employment with. . . . .who is it with? I started in June of 1976 for Mountain Bell, but with time off for kids, November is my TOE (time of employment) date. The Mountain Bell gig lasted until 1984, they were fun times. Then a new company (an RBOC-Regional Bell Operating Company) was created when the Bell System was dismantled and I was employed for U S West. That was a good-gig and I had it until 2000. When a hostile takeover from Qwest was perpetrated, it was ugly and there were some bad times, they started to get better. Then a merger with CenturyLink, this year. I have high hopes, but only time will tell. I wish I were richer and I would retire, but . . . . . but I guess I hope to be employed for 8 more years, possibly 11 - ARGGGG. How do you tell someone you've been employed for the same company for 46 years?????






No comments: