Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Stool Story
I have a sad story.  I've never purchased bar stools.  I've only had cast-off's, or hand-me-downs.  Don't get me wrong.........love cast-offs.  The problems was that I have a small space for barstools, so I need some that would fit in my area......and fit into my budget.  Sadly, I never found any that were in those parameters that I liked any better that the ones I have.  The above beauty is lovely, if you have $599.00 per stool......I need 4.......no way.
I like these, can't afford them and they are really not in my "scheme" of everyday real home!! The place that real people live, and eat off of and drop food and wipe dirty hands on.....but I do like the hobnails.....I have a thing for them.

I liked this mostly for the hobnails - again with the hobnails - other than that they're ho-hum!
I like the clean lines.............too much money for leather and wrought-iron.
These bad-boys were $2499.00 for the pair....what a bargain.......not!......like I said, I need 4.
This is what I have. Picture these babies from the 70's with bright orange wide-whale corduroy covered. Nice........I have upholstered these tops no less than 6 times. The last time was the black pleather. I purchased some black curtain panels from Tai Pan and covered them about 6 years ago. I can't believe how well they've held up. So, I purchased some lime green pleather and some flocked zebra print pleather and re-covered 2 of them, just for a change......yeah for me!


Sometimes don't you just want a change? Since granite countertops are not in my immediate future......I settled for a change in seating.
Do you think I could put some kind of brush-on acid etch to make the shiney stainless steel .......less stainless steel looking and more pewter-ish looking?

By the way, these bar stools were given/donated to me about 25 years ago by my Mother in law, Shirley.  The barstools I had previous to these (there were 3) were also given/donated to me by the aforementioned Mother in law.  I took these because there were 4 and I thought to myself: "Self, 4 will be handier than 3 in the future."

2 comments:

Aimee said...

WOW those bar stools have been through all of us kids!! It amazing that they are still usable!! I think that they are just fine the way they are!

bev paxman said...

I love the stools in pic #2. Hey, other than that, your's work.... AND for a mighty fine price! That leaves more $$$ for you to come along with us on Labor Day weekend :)