An Awesome Read!
I just finished this book. I L-O-V-E-D it. The author researched this for 5 years. She took some of the writings of Josephus (not canonized text but interesting reading in ancient script) and created a story about Masada. It takes place in ancient Judea about some Jewish rebels who occupied
the fortress and fought against the Roman army. It is in 4-parts each written from the perspective of a woman and how they were brought to this fortress and how their lives intertwine. Josephus claims that 2 women and 5 children escaped the awfulness of the siege. And it was awful. It is written beautifully. I love a good descriptive sentence, one that paints a picture in my mind, so I can see and smell what the author wants me to. It made me research Masada and it made my dream to visit the Holy Land that much more intense.

No comments:
Post a Comment