Friday, March 15, 2013

Awesome Amaryllis...................
I purchased a huge amaryllis bulb in November 2011.........it was way more than I have ever paid for an amaryllis, and I gritted my teeth when I purchased it.  

It bloomed for (3) months.....clear into March of 2012.  So I took great care of it.  I dried it out as the instructions told me.  I left it in a cool dark place (the cubbie) in weekend after Thanksgiving I brought it up and put it on my table and watered it.  

It grew............I was thrilled..............It bloomed, and bloomed, and here it is March 15th, and I'm just getting ready to cut off the partially wilted blooms.  It's heading down to "the cubbie" with the other amaryllis bulbs. 

So few things in life are worth what you pay for them (well, I've been driving a 1995 Honda Accord.....[that's 18 years] it has 275,000 miles....it was definitely worth what I purchased it for, although she's on her last leg.....or should I say tire,  but that is an entirely different post.)  But this gigantic bulb was so worth it, in it's blooms and the joy I got from looking at it's beauty for 3+ months.  I'm going to purchase another one this next winter.

No comments: