Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The best words
The two best words in the English Language:
Afternoon Nap.

Doesn't saying those two words just bring your blood pressure down, and elevate your mood and outlook on life?

I walked in the door this afternoon and my bed was singing it's siren-song and beckoned me to come to her, put my cares on the shelf, and loose myself in an afternoon nap.  I undressed and crawled under the covers, a long sigh escaped my lips and I was gone............gone for two delicious hours.  It was to wonderful, and restorative and everything I wanted in a nap. Dark (blackout shades) quite, cool, and and empty house. 

This is one of my favorite activities.  I've learned to take a nap and not feel guilty, why should I, it's a step to a better me.  I wish I could have a nap every single day.  I'm thinking those Latin cultures that have their "siesta" time are a much more civilized and productive societies.  In my perfect Patti World, afternoon naps would be a requirement.

No comments: