Sunday, March 24, 2013

Ch-Ch-Changes
I know I've discussed my car.........Alice.  She's 18 years old, she's wonderful, she has almost 280,000 miles on her.   She is cheap to register, pay taxes and insure.  She gets fabulous gas mileage......32-37 mpg....Awesome.  The seat, is molded perfectly to my butt, it's comfortable.................but she has no AC, and hasn't for a few years.  Last summer was l-o-n-g and HOT.  Boyd has been nagging for years to get a new car, other than the AC issue there was no reason to get anything else.  But I've had a feeling this last winter, that Alice and I are coming to an end of our relationship *sob sob*
Yesterday we had snow and nothing to do on our Saturday......so we thought maybe a little car shopping was something that was in our future.  Dealing with car salesmen are right up there with hemorrhoid flare-ups, gout, root canals, and an IRS audit.  But they are a necessary evil........................


After several grueling hours of haggling and test drives I drove this beauty off
the sales room floor.
 
This is Dave, he helped me program the bluetooth, but after we drove away, something went wrong............not sure what.....................I have a new phone and a new car and both of them are smarter than anything I should be dealing with........



So..........................She deserves a name, after I've had a few days with her I'll name her.  I'm sure there are many years (like 15 at least) of good times in my new ride..........so many fancy things on new cars these days.....so many buttons and things to program.....I'm excited about the AC.............for a menopausal woman that means alot.

4 comments:

Shay said...

Congrats! She is a beauty! (If it is a she :)

Clarissa Earl said...

Congrats on the sassy new wheels!!!

Aimee said...

Congratulations on your new car!! Its so much fun to get a new ride! (well the payments are not so much fun) But the AC will be so nice this summer! Anyway you so deserve a new car!!

London said...

She is a beauty!