Friday, June 3, 2011

This is not a paid advertisement!



Last week Harmony and I were invited
by my son's wife's father's wife (ha)
to a painting party.
She stressed the fact that you didn't
need any kind of painting skills.
So, we trudged. . . actually skipped
to the class.





This is what the classroom looked like in the beginning




This is my own personal canvass
at the start of class.
(did I mention I have no
painting skills?)




Here is my canvass as
I'm starting my
Masterpiece
(based on Van Goghs "Iris's in a Vase")




This is Sharleen, my daughter-in-law's
Step Mother-in-Law.
She has more talent
in her little finger fingernail
than I have in my whole big ole' body
times by a factor of 7




This is my finished
painting. Not much to look
at but so fun to create.
I will be going back to this
place. I think my garage walls
will be known as the:
"Gallery of Fame/Shame"




Here is a picture of all
the participants, proudly (?) holding
their artwork.
The Place is called
"Painting With a Twist"
It started out as Corks and Canvasses
in the South.
This is a franchise and I hope they
do well. The owners are young and
sweet and fun and they have a huge dog
named Sky (Grate Dane)
They do not have a Liquor License yet
but when they get it, I will love going
and watching what is created when people
have lowered their inhibitions and just
paint away!!!
They are located in the strip mall on the
south side of 6400 South across the
street from Fashion Place Mall.
Check them out!!!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

AWESOME! I love your painting. You did a lot better than I could ever dream of doing.

Heather said...

How fun is that!?! You did fabulous. Can't wait to see what else you come up with. :)